Saturday, November 8, 2008

Free!

Oh yes!
I am finally free of everything
Exactly like someone that is no longer considering
The prospect of a life without mountains or some such bullshit.

Everything is cerulean and tan.
The sea foam brings in memories
of being oppressed by pregnant expectation!
And its your fault that I am napping here,
but you don't even fucking care! for that I love you.
I am free, a sea sponge.
Maybe a slice of sea bread.
And now, they are memories.

Wave after wave of waves
Mixed with contentment
and maybe a stiff drink

Here, no one can say to me: I cannot believe!
There is nothing wrong with you why?
I guess it hasn't been your time yet

Its my time now, and from now on.
I am triumphant as a triumphant person.
With no simile.

I am left at the base of a cliff with the starfish
I just want some more.

(c) 2008 Joe Asbridge

No comments: